A week on site meant progress - and more than double the progress with both Nette and I doing 8 to 5 every day. The goal for the week was to lay 80 square metres of floor boards upstairs. We didn't quite make the target, but we did get 60 metres laid in addition to planting and fencing 50 walnut trees that Nette had grown from seed.
|Nette measuring up|
The tongue and groove flooring from North Eden Timber was excellent. The boards, random length mixed blondes, were outstanding quality with only 3 or 4 needing a couple of inches removed due to minor flaws, like a split tongue.
The nail gun - which is actually an air powered stapler - performed without a hitch. I'll write a report on it later.
During the week Nette must have done a million miles, measuring what was needed, then sifting through the pile downstairs to find the closest board, then carrying it outside to the drop saw, cutting it to length before bringing it back up stairs for me to glue and staple down. I got off easy really - but what a team.
We'll head back in a couple of weeks to finish the job and plant some more trees.