Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The glass has been a pain

It seemed a harmless idea initially - to leadlight all the windows - but that was because we didn't realise it would require 1,146 pieces of glass and over 400 hours of cutting, grinding, soldering, puttying and polishing.  But, finally job done. We've completed the bathroom, loo, kitchen and lounge windows, the front and back doors, 5 fanlights, 4 internal doors and 5 pairs of French hens doors.  

French doors in progress.

Landing completed.

Front door and windows.
Front door and windows from outside.
(mmm - I forgot to include the lights in the count.)
Kitchen window and back door.


No comments:

Post a Comment